Dr. Asma Afaneh is an Arab board-certified paediatric specialist with more than 5 years of experience in medical and urgent care to children of various age groups from birth till late teens including well-child visits, immunizations, acute and chronic disease diagnosis and treatment. She is passionate and focuses on disease prevention through counselling and early detection of disease precipitating factors. She has attained her medical degree from An-Najah University in Palestine and completed her residency in pediatrics at Al-Makassed Islamic Charitable Society Hospital in Jerusalem, Palestine.
Spoken Languages: Arabic, English
Types of Physician: Full-time
Education and medical Qualification
- Arab Board of Health Specialization (ABHS) in Pediatrics, Damascus, Syria.
- The degree of Doctor of medicine (MD) from An-Najah national University in Palestine.
- Specialist Pediatrician, Al Shifa Hospital Palestine.
- Neonatology fellowship (NICU) at Al-Makassed Islamic Charitable Society Hospital in Jerusalem, Palestine.
CLINICAL EXPERTISE & SERVICES OFFERED:
- Routine baby and well-child check-up, screening and health follow up from a newborn to late teens
- Growth, development and nutrition counselling
- Vitamin and iron deficiencies
- Constipation, picky eaters, obesity, and life style modification
- Upper and lower respiratory disease, ENT infections
- Allergy and asthma
- Urinary tract infections
- Handling neonates in delivery room, operating theater, and NICU and performing resuscitation, procedures and administering the necessary medications
- Inpatient care for children with acute disease and those require investigations
- Medical emergencies and dealing with emergency room children