Dr. Telang Parag Shashank
M.B.B.S, M.S. ( Gen Surg), D.N.B ( Gen Surg),
F.C.P.S ( Gen Surg), M.R.C.S ( U.K),
M.Ch ( Plastic Surgery),
Fellowship in Advanced Facial Aesthetic Surgery & MACS-Lift, Gent.
Dr Parag Telang is a Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, practising in UAE and India. He is a Specialist Plastic Surgeon with DHA and HAAD license. He is a Life-Member of International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons ( ISAPS), American Society of Plastic Surgeons ( ASPS), Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons ( IAAPS) and Association of Plastic surgeons of India (APSI). He has done advanced Fellowships in MACS-Lift and Ear reconstruction from Belgium and France.
His areas of special interest are Facial Aesthetic surgery, including minimal incision facelift; Body Contouring surgeries including BBL and lower body lift; Breast surgeries and Rhinoplasty using autologous cartilage. He has done more than 9000 body contouring surgeries, 400 Ear reconstructions, 2500 Breast surgeries and more than 500 rhinoplasties and facelifts. His clientele includes many Celebrities from the Hindi film industry and Television actors. He gets many international patients from various countries for specialised surgeries. He believes in ethical practice and does not promote unscientific treatments. For him his patients always come first! He is a frequent presenter at National and International Conferences and has several articles in peer-reviewed Journals and book chapters to his credit. He loves to read, sketch and play lawn tennis in his spare time.
fAwards And Scholarships:
- Was awarded the Henry Gray Medal for proficiency in Anatomy after a competitive exam at Grant Medical College, Mumbai in 1997-98.
- Was selected for the prestigious Gool Contractor Award for Best Trauma Registrar for the year 2005-2006 from all Post-Graduate Resident Doctors in General Surgery at L.T.M.G.Hospital, Sion, Mumbai, India.
- Won the prestigious B. Braun Medical Foundation Scholarship for excellence in medical education for the year 2004-2005. This is an All-India level open scholarship with a panel comprising of eminent General Surgeons, Anaesthesiologists and Neurosurgeons from the top medical colleges and hospitals in India.
- Was awarded the Dr. L.R. Patel Award for the highest aggregate marks in Fellow of College of Physicians & Surgeons ( F.C.P.S) Exam in the speciality of General Surgery for the year 2005.
- Was awarded the Dr. S.M. Sane Award for the highest marks in Viva Voce and practicals in the Fellow of College of Physicians & Surgeons
( F.C.P.S) Exam in the speciality of General Surgery for the year 2005.
- Stood third in the competitive exam conducted by Acworth Leprosy Foundation, an organization working in the field of Leprosy eradication, on recent advances in Leprosy, HIV and Tuberculosis.
- Awarded the Best Super-Speciality Resident Doctor Award for the year 2009 at the Annual Foundation Day Function at L.T.M.G.Hospital , Sion, Mumbai, India.
- Topped the entire Maharashtra State in the M.Ch Exams in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in June-July 2009. Secured the highest marks in theory in this exam.
- Jain S, Telang P, Joshi M, Prabhakar S; Isolated Pancreatic Injury following blunt abdominal trauma in a child. Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine 11: 96-98, 2007.
- Palep J, Sayyed S, Telang P et al ; Skin Metastasis from Multicentric Adenocarcinoma of Colon. Bombay Hospital Journal Vol 47 No.03, July 2005.
- Telang P, Palep J, Joshi R ; Spontaneous Perforation of the Common Bile Duct in an Adult ; Bombay Hospital Journal, Vol. 51, No. 4, 514-15, Oct 2009.
- Palep J, Telang P, Joshi R : Intra-abdominal CSF Pseudocyst – a rare entity. Bombay Hospital Journal, Vol. 51, No. 4, 541-42, Oct 2009.
- Telang P, Jagannathan M, Devale M ; A Study of Supraclavicular Artery flap for resurfacing of Head, Neck and Upper Torso Defects. Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery ( IJPS ) 42(1): 4-12, 2009. ( Original research article).
- Telang P, Devale M, Jagannathan M; A Rare case of Facial Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans and its Reconstructive Challenges; Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (JPRAS) An International Journal of Surgical Reconstruction– 62(12):e631-2, Dec 2009.
- Jagannathan M, Telang P, Devale M; Letter to the Editor – “Some more technical points in the use of the Abbe’ flap” ; Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery ( PRS) Journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons– 123(3):1126-7; author reply 1127, Mar 2009.
- Telang P, Devale M, Jagannathan M et al; A rare case of giant mandibular metastasis from undifferentiated carcinoma of thyroid with a brief review of literature; British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – under editorial review.
- Telang P, Jagannathan M ; Letter to Editor: Reply -“Internal Fixation of Mandibular Angle Fractures : A Meta-analysis” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery ( PRS) Journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons – 127(1):480, January 2011.
- Telang P S; Facial Feminisation Surgery: a review of 220 consecutive cases. Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery ( IJPS) Vol 53. No 2, 244-253, 2020.